ASRock has launched a new addition to their range of micro-ATX socket LGA1151 motherboards with the arrival of the ASRock Z170M-PIO2 which comes equipped with a unique angled PCI-Express gen 3.0 x16 slot that lets you install a graphics card parallel to the plane of the motherboard.
Together with an overclocking-ready Z170 Express chipset that is capable of supporting up to 32 GB of dual-channel DDR4 memory with its two memory slots. Sots of the motherboard include PCIe x16, mPCIe slot (for WLAN cards), and one 32 Gb/s M.2 slot, 4 x SATA 6 Gb/s ports, 6-channel HD audio, 4 x USB 3.0 ports, 1 x gigabit Ethernet make for the rest of its connectivity.
Specifications of the ASRock Z170M-PIO2 Motherboard include :
– uDTX, supports PIO and Micro ATX
– ASRock Super Alloy
– Supports 6th Generation Intel® Core™ i7/i5/i3/Pentium®/Celeron® Processors (Socket 1151)
– Digi Power, 5 Power Phase design
– Supports Dual Channel DDR4 3466+(OC)
– 1 Right Angle PCIe 3.0 x16, 1 M.2 (Key E)
– Graphic Output: D-Sub, HDMI
– 7.1 CH HD Audio (Realtek ALC887 Audio Codec), ELNA Audio Caps
– 4 SATA3, 1 Ultra M.2 (PCIe Gen3 x4 & SATA3)
– 4 USB 3.0 (2 Front, 2 Rear)
– Realtek Gigabit LAN
– Supports Full Spike Protection, ASRock Live Update & APP Shop
What you’ve never understood about your computer is that it is scared to death of water, H2O, humidity or whatever you’d like to name it. And even though you do not see the water, actually there may be lots of excessive moist in the air killing your motherboard silently and slowly. No, your motherboard doesn’t melt when in contact with water like the wicked witch of the west, but it dies of short circuit. Luckily, ASRock has a new High Density Glass Fabric PCB design that reduces the gaps between the PCB layers to protect the motherboard against electrical shorts caused by humidity.
For more information on the new ASRock Z170M-PIO2 Motherboard jump over to the official ASRock website for details by following the link below.
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.