Musicians that enjoy playing the guitar, violin, piano or just enjoy creating beats may be interested in a new and innovative instrument that has been launched over on the Kickstarter crowdfunding website this week called the Artiphon that has already generated over $200,000 in pledges from over 500 backers.
To learn more about this new instrument watch the video below and see its creators Artiphon provide a demonstration of the instruments features
“We believe anyone can make music, and that most people really want to. Like snapping an Instagram, now you don’t have to already be a professional to start making music and enjoy every note. We’re building an instrument that empowers people to play music apps beyond the touchscreen, and we want to inspire people to explore music-making in their everyday lives. “
Features of the Artiphon Instrument include :
• Play any instrument, style, and sound with a single device that connects directly to your smartphone, tablet, or computer.
• Our patented multi-instrument technology transforms the INSTRUMENT 1 into a guitar, violin, bass, piano, drum machine… it’s any instrument you want it to be.
• Plug in and play 100’s of apps like GarageBand with universal musical gestures: strumming, tapping, bowing, sliding, and more.
• Digital string-like interface works with any MIDI-compatible software.
• The unique ergonomic design can be held in multiple positions, and is fully ambidextrous.
• Design new instruments and custom tunings via the Artiphon companion app.
• It’s compact, portable, durable, self-powered, and simple.
The new multi-instrument is now available to pledge for over on the Kickstarter crowdfunding website with pledges starting from just $299 for the first lucky 250 backers. Rising to $349 offering $50 off the final retail price when it starts shipping early next year.
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn about our Disclosure Policy.