Adafruit has this week made available the Arduino FONA 800 that has been designed to provide Arduino development boards with the ability to enable Arduino cellular GSM via both voice and data.
The Arduino FONA 800 is equipped with quad-band 850/900/1800/1900MHz support and can connect to any global GSM network using any 2G SIM, enabling the ability to send and receive SMS messages and more from your Arduino project.
Features of the Arduino FONA 800 include :
• Onboard LiPoly battery charging circuitry so you can take your project on the go. Use any 500mAh+ LiPoly or LiIon battery and recharge via the Arduino when necessary. Two LEDs let you know when its charging and done. You can then flip the switch and use the battery to run your circuit!
• Standard 4-pole TRRS headphone jack. Use any ‘Android’ or ‘iPhone’-compatible headset with mic
• Breakouts for external 8Ω speaker and electret mic if you don’t want to use a headphone
• Level shifting circuitry to make it Arduino-safe
• Vibrational motor (buzzer) driver so you can have noiseless notifications
• uFL connection for external antenna
• Indicator LEDs for power and network connectivity
• Any standard 2G SIM slides into a secure connector
The Arduino FONA 800 is now available to purchase from the Adafruit website priced at $39.95 via the link below.
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.