As well as releasing their new iOS 12.2 software for the iPhone, Apple also released macOS Mojave 10.14.4 for the Mac.
The new macOS Mojave 10.14.4 brings a range of new features to the Mac, including support for the new Apple News+ subscription service and more.
The update brings support for Dark Mode in Safari and it also streamlines the Password Autofill feature and more.
There is now support for Apple’s new AirPods 2 and also a range of other new features, you can see the full release notes below.
The macOS Mojave 10.14.4 update adds support for Apple News+, includes bug fixes and improvements, improves the stability and reliability of your Mac, and is recommended for all users.
- Apple News+ is a new subscription service that extends the Apple News experience with hundreds of magazines and top newspapers
- Our editors handpick top articles and magazine issues, and you also get personalized recommendations on the topics most interesting to you
- Automatic downloads make it easy to read magazine issues offline
- Apple News is now available in Canada, with a free experience that includes handpicked Top Stories, a personalized Today feed, and support for both English and French
- Apple News+ is available in the U.S. and in Canada, with dozens of additional Canadian magazines
- Adds Dark Mode support for websites that support custom color schemes
- Streamlines website login when filling credentials with Password AutoFill
- Allows push notification prompts only after interacting with a website
- Adds a warning when an insecure webpage is loaded
- Removes support for the expired Do Not Track standard to prevent potential use as a fingerprinting variable; Intelligent Tracking Prevention now protects against cross-site tracking by default
- Shows more editorial highlights on a single page in the Browse tab, making it easier to discover new music, playlists, and more in Apple Music
- Adds support for new AirPods (2nd generation)
- Supports Air Quality Index in Maps for US, UK and India
- Improves the quality of audio recordings in Messages
- Supports real-time text (RTT) for phone calls made through a nearby iPhone on Mac
- Provides enhanced support for external GPUs in Activity Monitor
- Fixes an App Store issue that may have prevented adoption of the latest versions of Pages, Keynote, Numbers, iMovie, and GarageBand
- Improves the reliability of USB audio devices when used with MacBook Air, MacBook Pro and Mac mini models introduced in 2018
- Corrects the default screen brightness for MacBook Air (Fall 2018)
- Fixes a graphics compatibility issue that may occur on some external displays connected to Mac mini (2018)
- Resolves Wi-Fi connection issues that may occur after upgrading to macOS Mojave
- Fixes an issue where re-adding an Exchange account may cause it to disappear from Internet Accounts
- Fixes an issue where AOL user passwords may be frequently requested in Mail