Google has this week rolled out a new update for its Google Photos iOS application which brings with it a number of new features, one of which adds support for the new Apple Live Photo technology.
The new release in the form of version 1.8.0 is now available to download directly from the iTunes App Store and allows Google Photo users to backup and view Live Photos, as well as reduce the cache usage when your device is low on space.
Other new features within the latest Google Photos release include improved application navigation providing ways to find the photos you are looking for and spend less time flipping “hamburger menus “ says Google.
Google Photos is the home for all your photos and videos. Automatically organized and searchable, you can find photos fast and bring them to life.
Features of Google Photos application include :
• VISUAL SEARCH: Your photos are now searchable by the people, places and things that appear in them. Looking for that fish taco you ate in Hawaii? Just search “food in Hawaii” to find it – no tagging required.
• FREE UNLIMITED HIGH QUALITY STORAGE: Back up all your photos and videos for free. Access them on any device and photos.google.com. Your photos are safe, secure, and private to you.
• FREE UP SPACE: Never worry about running out of space on your phone again. Just tap “Free up space” – photos that are safely backed up will be removed from your device’s storage.
• BRING PHOTOS TO LIFE: Google Photos will automatically create movies, collages, animations, panoramas, and more from your photos. Or easily create them yourself.
• EASY EDITING: Transform photos with a tap. Use simple, yet powerful, photo and video editing tools to apply filters, adjust colors, and more.
• SHARED ALBUMS: Get everyone’s photos in one place, no matter what device they’re on. Invite friends and family to add photos with just a link and get notified when new photos are added.
• INSTANT SHARING: Instantly share up to 1,500 photos with anyone, just by sending a link.
• REDISCOVER: Be reminded of your memories from the past. Look back at what you did a year ago, or two, or even 10 years ago.
• CAST: View your photos and videos on your TV with Chromecast support.
Jump ver to the iTunes App store for more details via the link below.
Source: iTunesFiled Under: iPhone Apps, Top News