Apple HomeKit based smart homes in need of smart light switches can now be equipped with Belkin’s latest Wemo light switches unveiled this week at CES 2019, which now support Apple’s HomeKit technology. The Wemo Bridge Offers the ability to connect directly to Apple HomeKit allowing users to extends the Wemo functionality on the Apple Home App via the iPhone, iPad, or Apple Watch. The Wemo Bridge connects to a wireless router via an Ethernet cable and allows your Wemo devices to communicate with the Apple HomeKit service allowing you to :
– Control Wemo Dimmer, Mini, Light Switch, Insight, and Motion Sensor from the Wemo App, Apple Home app or with Siri from your iPhone, iPad, or Apple Watch
– Create personalized scenarios such as movie lighting or schedule appliances for a morning routine
– Set Schedules and Timers for lights and devices, and control it all by accessing the Wemo App or the Apple Home app
– Sync lights with sunrise and sunset or personal schedules
– Set up vacation mode to protect your home by randomly turning on and off lights and more.
The Wemo Bridge is now available to purchase priced at $40 from online stores in the official Belkin website by following the link below. “We’ve had an overwhelming positive response from customers when we announced last spring that we would make the Wemo Bridge compatible with HomeKit support, said Kara Alexander, Wemo senior product manager. “We have made it a top priority working with Apple to ensure an incredible experience for both Wemo and HomeKit users. Bringing together two of the most influential Smart Home platforms will enable millions of current and future Wemo users to experience the benefits of HomeKit, including the Apple Home app, Siri integration and interoperability with other HomeKit devices.”
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.