Anyone looking for an extremely affordable 3D printer to get them started in the world of 3D printing may be interested in a new design called the 101Hero which is now available to back with pledges starting from just $49.
It’s almost inconceivable that a 3D printer can be created for just $49, but the team are hoping to start shipping the first 3D printers during October 2016 and are even including 3D printing filament to get you started.
Watch the video below to learn more about the 101Hero 3D Printer which has taken to Kickstarter to raise the $20,000 it requires to make the jump into production. Thanks to over 135 backers the team are already over halfway there with still 29 days remaining on the campaign. The 101Hero team explain more :
It is the most affordable 3D printer in the world. Perfect for beginners and experts alike, just plug in the printer, download models file, press the button, and watch your custom creations form right before your eyes.
Bring your ideas to life, turn them into businesses, educate, learn, personalize products, make toys, make jewelry, start a curriculum, run a modern workshop, and unleash your creativity. The power of creation is yours! There are many ways 101Hero 3D Printer can be used. 101Hero 3D Printer can be created any freestyle 3D objects, or in separate parts. The creative opportunities are endless. You can use PLA, HIPS or ABS, as well as our 101Hero filament spools or standard 1.75 mm filament spools available on the market.
What’s the difference? We made 101Hero filament spools so that people can print with more materials and colors, by choosing $99 pledge, you could get 10 spools of different colors in total. These spools weigh 30g per one, and allowing it to be portable and seamless. They totally weigh more than 1/2 lb (240 g) of.That is enough material to make lots of printing work.
Customer Version (AKA: CV):
– Printer Dimensions: It’s a polygon
– It is lightweight, roughly 3.9 lb (1.8 kg).
– Dimensions: Print height: 100mm(3.93″ ), Base Print Area: φ150mm (5.9″)
– Supports many different materials: ABS, PLA, Nylon, and more.
– Standard filament rolls also supported.
– Filament: standard 1.75mm.
– Removable Print Bed.
– 50-350 micron layer resolution.
– 15 micron X and Y positioning accuracy.
– 101Hero SD Card mode for an effortless, plug-and-play experience. You could download the lab-tested gcode files from our website,
Designer & Developer Version (AKA: DV)
– All Feature of 101Hero 3D Printer Customer Version.
– It can also be used with any Windows, Mac, or Linux based system.
– USB-Compatible connection.
– Supports and uses open source software (for advanced users).
As always when backing Kickstarter campaigns you do have to remember that you could lose your cash if the company behind the product doesn’t deliver. But for more information on the 101Hero and all the pledges available jump over to the official Kickstarter crowdfunding campaign via the link below.
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn about our Disclosure Policy.