After 5 years in the making Serif has launched their awesome Affinity Photo software for Mac, that has been available to test drive in its beta development stage for some time.
Affinity Photo provides a professional alternative to Adobe’s Photoshop software at a fraction of the cost, offering a wealth of professional tools above and beyond that of Photoshop.
The new photo editing software has been designed to take full advantage of the latest OS X technologies including OpenGL, Grand Central Dispatch and Core Graphics. As well as the ability o comprehensively edit RAW images. Serif explains more:
Affinity Photo redefines the boundaries for professional photo editing software for the Mac. With a meticulous focus on workflow it offers sophisticated tools for enhancing, editing and retouching your images in an incredibly intuitive interface with all the power and performance you need.
Features include :
– Open, edit and save Photoshop PSD files
– RGB, CMYK, Greyscale and LAB colour spaces
– End-to-end CMYK workflow with ICC colour management
– Full 16-bit per channel editing
– Work with all standard formats like PNG, TIFF, JPG, GIF, SVG, EPS and PDF
– Panning and zooming is always live at 60fps with live previews, live tools and real-time editing
– Open and edit massive images without compromising performance or running out of memory
To purchase the new Affinity Photo software for Mac at a limited time launch price jump over to the Mac App store where its is currently priced at £29.99 until July 23rd when the price will revert to its normal £39.99 ticket price.
Source: SerifFiled Under: Camera News, Top News