Adafruit have this week announced the launch of their new Adafruit Feather 32u4 Bluefruit LE that measures a palm sized 51 x 23 x 8mm and weighs just 5.7 grams.
The new development board provides users with a Arduino compatible Adafruit Feather 32u4 with a BTLE module, together with built in USB and battery charging.
The Bluefruit LE module on the board is an nRF51822 chipset from Nordic, programmed with multi-function code. Features of the board include :
– ATmega32u4 @ 8MHz with 3.3V logic/power
– 3.3V regulator with 500mA peak current output
– USB native support, comes with USB bootloader and serial port debugging
– You also get tons of pins – 20 GPIO pins
– Hardware Serial, hardware I2C, hardware SPI support
– 8 x PWM pins
– 10 x analog inputs
– Built in 100mA lipoly charger with charging status indicator LED
– Pin #13 red LED for general purpose blinking
– Power/enable pin
– 4 mounting holes
– Reset button
The board is capable of much more than just sending strings over the air! Thanks to an easy to learn AT command set, you have full control over how the device behaves, including the ability to define and manipulate your own GATT Services and Characteristics, or change the way that the device advertises itself for other Bluetooth Low Energy devices to see. You can also use the AT commands to query the die temperature, check the battery voltage, and more, check the connection RSSI or MAC address, and tons more. Really, way too long to list here!
Source: AdafruitFiled Under: Hardware, Top News