The GeoTaker 3D scanner has been created to allow users to capture the geometry of larger objects and architecture, making it easy to transfer real-life objects into digital files for augmented reality or virtual reality applications, engineering software or 3D printing. Watch the demonstration video below to learn more about the 3D scanner created by mechanical engineer Wolfgang Beuck.
Launched via Kickstarter this week early bird pledges are available from €1,199 with worldwide shipping expected to take place during March 2020. “Just mount your GeoTaker on a tripod in front of your object and press the start button. After having finished the scan move the SD-card to your PC, Mac or Linux computer and copy/paste the scan into your scene. The mesh object with triangular faces allows immediate rendering and animation in your CAD program. “
“Dr. Wolfgang Beuck studied mechanical engineering in RWTH Aachen university. After some leading functions in global automotive companies (Siemens, Bosch) he took the P&L responsibility for German automotive suppliers in Chongqing and Changchun, China. Dr. Beuck is an expert in 3D metrology and develops innovative products for serial production.”
Specifications of the 3D scanner include :
– Allows full scan (horizontal 360°, vertical 270°) and half / quarter scan with several spherical resolutions
– Can store OBJ-files (vertices + faces + material) or CSV-files (vertices)
– All data will be stored on a SD card (max. 32 GB)
– Captures up to 3,840,000 vertices (7,673,600 faces) in a full scan
– Measurement speed: more than 660 vertices/min.
– Measurement range of the sensor: 5 cm to 40 meters (recommended working distance: 2-38 meters)
– Resolution: 1 cm
– Typical accuracy: +/- 2.5 cm at distances greater than 2 meters (refer to operating manual for complete operating specifications)
– Operating temperature: -20 to 60° C
– Laser wave length/Peak power: 905 nm/1.3 W
– Beam divergence: 8m Radian
– Optical aperture: 12.5 mm
– Regulatory approvals: CLASS 1 LASER PRODUCT CLASSIFIED EN/IEC 60825-1 2014. This product is in conformity with performance standards for laser products under 21 CFR 1040, except with respect to those characteristics authorized by Variance Number FDA-2016-V-2943 effective September 27, 2016. System contains no user serviceable components. Repair or service of the system is only to be handled by factory trained technicians. No service by the user is allowed.
– Power supply: 100-240V, 50/60Hz, 3A
– Weight: < 3 kg, dimensions: < 210*140*210 mm³
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.