Wearality has this week unveiled a new set of virtual reality glasses that the company says they have been developing for the last five years, using Lockheed Martin patented world-class virtual reality technologies.
During the development process Wearality formed a separate company, and exclusively licensed the defence and aerospace industry intellectual property from Lockheed Martin to create consumer products such as the Sky VR glasses above.
The new Wearality Sky virtual reality glasses provide wearers with 150 degrees of field of view and have been created to provide consumers with the “next level of virtual reality wearable technology” says Wearality who explain a little more :
“Wearality wants to provide the tools to unleash this revolution of creative talent and ability – to launch a new medium. The combination of a pioneering team of VR experts and the largest defense contractor in the world has built the most impressive VR optics for headsets in the world with an astonishing field of view of 150 degrees, giving you a new way to look at the world – one that is truly limitless.”
– Widest field of view (FOV) head wearable display today (FOV 150 degrees vs. 90-100 degrees).
– Crystal clear and in focus everywhere with little or no color distortion.
– State-of-the-art, patented, double Fresnel lens technology designed by Lockheed Martin for the defense and aerospace industry.
– Open design and increased FOV reduces or eliminates “simulation sickness” and eyestrain experienced by users of other systems.
– A foldable device that easily fits in your pocket.
– Works with most 5” or 6” phones including Samsung Galaxy S5, S6, Note, iPhone 6+, and Nexus 6. No PC required– truly mobile.
– The lightest head wearable display designed to fit onto a flat brimmed ball cap for hands-free operation.
For more information on the new Wearality Sky virtual reality glasses jump over to the Kickstarter website for details and to make a pledge from $99 to own a pair of the very first off the production line.