By now we know that many of these new hoverboards are very dangerous. They tend to catch fire, so have been banned from many places. In the latest incident, some quick thinking by a 13-year-old boy Jibril Muhammed Faris, led to two young lives being saved after an exploding hoverboard vaused a fire in a house.
Faris called the local emergency services before rescuing his eight-year-old sister and their nine-year-old friend from the room, where the hoverboard had burst into flames during the charging process on Friday evening. Good thing they had Faris with them.
Faris said, “All of a sudden all of this white smoke started coming out of the segway board. Then all of a sudden it explodes and goes boom. My first instinct was to get everyone out alive. There was so much fire and smoke.”
Three fire engines arrived and firefighters put out the blaze, which had already damaged the living room of the house. There was no other damage to the rest of the house other than being smoked really good. This incident could have been much worse and luckily Faris was a quick thinking teen. Always be careful when charging devices, no matter what the device.
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.