Some people just need to be told things that you and I already know. You should never put any device into a microwave to dry it. Not everyone has this much common sense. So Sony made a public announcement that you should not put your PS3 console in the microwave.
Can you believe that some people actually thought this was a good idea? Sony made the announcement based on the evidence of some PS3s which were sent back to Sony for repair, saying, “Of the defective products received by Sony, we have detected on some rare occasions evident changes in the shape of the unit and even burn marks that can only be assumed to have been brought about by the use of an electrical appliance such as a hairdryer or microwave. Heating up your game console leads not only to a defective unit but also creates the risk of a fire or even serious injury”.
Source UbergizmoFiled Under: Technology News