This is something you never want to happen to you. Exploding smartphones have become more common, causing people all kinds of grief and injury. As you may remember, The Samsung Galaxy S3, when it was first released, was said by Samsung to have heat-related issues. One exploded in a Thai bank even.
Well, this time it was a Galaxy S3 which was left to charge overnight in Kajaani, Finland, where it then exploded. The owner, a boy, was sleeping on the same bed when the explosion happened.
As you can seeit left a gaping hole from the sheets all the way down to the mattress. This could have been much worse. Good thing the boy did not place the Galaxy S3 on his chest, otherwise he may have been burned at least.
The parents of the boy are not going to contact their insurance company or Samsung. They feel that nothing could have been done because the handset itself is already so old. Still, they are glad the damage was minimal. No one was seriously injured in the incident. Just be careful with your phones, since you never know what might happen. Who knows if the phone is at fault or some third party battery.
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.