Axiom Audio has this week unveiled a new range of wireless speakers they have added to their existing range that are powered by the awesome Raspberry Pi mini PC.
The new AxiomAir wireless multiroom speaker sound system, is equipped with a Pi loaded with Axiom Audio’s custom Linux-based operating system, making it an open-source, programmable speaker.
Watch the video below to learn more about the wireless speaker that is currently over on Kickstarter with the aim of raising $75,000. Features of the AxiomAir wireless speaker include :
• plug in a USB drive and use the AxiomAirApp as a remote control.
• play directly from a variety of music software platforms.
• stream web radio and play high-resolution streaming music at full quality.
• keep the party going by adding an optional 9 or 18 hour built-in battery when you’re not near a power outlet.
• use one of the three USB ports to keep your phone charged while you are out.
• add your own functionality. Coder? Then you’ll be excited to hear that the AxiomAir uses a Raspberry Pi with our own Linux-based Operating System as its brains. It’s an
• customize the look to your individual style or room decor with over a hundred different real wood tops, colours and finishes.
• add the amazing Karaoke Module and Mini Movie Projector
For more information on the new AxiomAir wireless multiroom speaker jump over to the Kickstarter website for details and to make a pledge from $475.