It is not a great year for Samsung. The Galaxy Note 7 recall was announced earlier this month just as it was due to hit the Chinese market. Since the China-bound models employed Amperex Technology Ltd (ATL) batteries rather than problematic Samsung SDI components, this variant was deemed as ‘safe’. And ATL has assumed responsibility for most if not all batteries found inside replacement Note 7 handsets worldwide.
However, the story may go beyond that if one of these newer Note 7 devices was found to be a fire hazard, and now, one China-based owner says his just-purchased handset has also exploded. If true, this would make things even worse for Samsung.
Chinese Note 7 owner Hui Renjie says that he purchased his note over at JD.com this weekend and it arrived Monday morning. It apparently exploded and left him with two burned fingers and a damaged MacBook as well. The image here is of another Galaxy Note 7, not the one that allegedly exploded in this case.
He was then visited by a Samsung rep who offered to take the handset, but Renjie declined. He says thsat he doesn’t trust Samsung to disclose the cause of the fire, and wishes to publicize the problem. Samsung is said to be still in contact with the customer, though it’s unclear if a resolution has been reached by now. Keep in mind that we don’t know all of the details. You should not worry just yet if you have the China version.
Source Phone Arena
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.