Sometimes our devices explode. It’s a sad truth. And now India-based Twitter user Deepak Gosain has shared images of a fried OnePlus One. According to Gosain, he left the device charging next to him while he slept, only to be awoken by the sight of his smartphone in flames.
That’s not how you want to wake up. Ever.
The device was apparently on charge for around two hours before it burst into flames. Many other cases like this can be attributed to some kind of faulty, third-party cable or battery, but this doesn’t seem to have been the case here. Gosain tells says that he has “never used any other charger,” which means that this incident could repeat itself. We hope not.
He took his device to a service center and was told he could get a replacement in the form of a brand-new OnePlus 3. However, he’s instead seeking monetary compensation. We don’t know the amount. He also wanted an Apple iPhone.
Our top priority is the health and safety of our customers. We are confident in the quality of our products, which all undergo industry-leading safety tests. We are already in touch with this customer, but since this is an open case, we cannot disclose any further information.
Let’s hope it is an isolated incident.
Source Phone Arena
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.