Hardware manufacturer OWC has this week unveiled a new external storage system it has created called the miniStack, to provide users with high performance in a small form factor device which can be expanded as required.
miniStack is the same size as an Apple Mac Mini and is compatible with both Mac and PC systems offering a variety of different storage options from 1 TB up to 6 TB to $349.
Jen Soulé, President of OWC explains a little more about the new external storage.
The OWC miniStack is an exciting new addition to our external storage lineup. Its footprint is identical to 2010 and later Mac mini, so it’s a perfect external drive and Time Machine backup for our customers who use a Mac mini as a home computer, or with their home entertainment system. We designed the miniStack to be our most convenient, stackable external storage solution-and we think our customers who use a Mac at home are going to love its compact and stylish design.
– Perfectly stacks with Mac mini computers or other miniStack drives to save space
– USB 3.1 Gen 1 port
– Read: Up to 211 MB/s
– Write: Up to 208 MB/s
– Up to 6.0 TB capacity with 7200RPM drives
– Also offered as 0 GB build-your-own-drive kit
– Durable aluminum enclosure
– Ultra-quiet MagLev cooling fan
– Mac & PC compatible
– Three-year OWC Limited Warranty including award-winning technical support
– Includes power supply and a 36-inch (1m) USB 3.0 cable
The OWC miniStack external storage is now available to purchase from authorised OWC resellers in seven stackable configurations:
1.0 TB (7200RPM) – $139.99
2.0 TB (7200RPM) – $169.99
3.0 TB (7200RPM) – $198.99
4.0 TB (7200RPM) – $249.99
5.0 TB (7200RPM) – $278.99
6.0 TB (7200RPM) – $348.99
Add Your Own Drive enclosure kit – $77.99
Source: TPUFiled Under: Top News