Since its unveiling and subsequent onstage demonstrations, the HoloLens specifications for the new Microsoft augmented reality headset have been kept under wraps by Microsoft. Leaving rumours to circulate about exactly what hardware maybe included in the $3,000 HoloLens AR headset.
This week Microsoft has put and end to all the rumours and has finally released full specifications for the Microsoft HoloLens headset listing details for the processor, on-board storage, RAM and cameras.
Check out the video below to learn more about what you can expect from the Microsoft HoloLens headset.
Microsoft HoloLens Specifications :
– OS : Windows 10.0.11802.1033 32-bit
– CPU : Intel Atom x5-Z8100 1.04 GHz Intel Airmont (14nm) 4 Logical Processors 64-bit capable
– GPU/HPU : HoloLens Graphics
– GPU Vendor ID :8086h (Intel)
– Dedicated Video Memory : 114 MB
– Shared System Memory : 980 MB
– RAM : 2GB
– Storage 64GB (54.09 GB available)
– App Memory Usage Limit : 900 MB
– Battery :16,500 mWh
– Camera Photos :2.4 MP (2048×1152)
– Camera Video : 1.1 MP (1408×792)
– Video Speed : 30 FPS
Even though the Microsoft HoloLens is equipped with 64GB of internal storage this is reduced down to just 54GB after the installation of the operating system. Some sizes for consideration include :
– Galaxy Explorer Project – 139MB
– Young Conker – 433MB
– RoboRaid – 155MB
– Fragments – 892 MB
– Skype – 50MB
– 3D Viewer – 23MB
The $3000 cost of the Microsoft HoloLens is most likely absorbed by the sensors which are also included in the package that transforms your room into an augmented reality environment.
– Custom-built Microsoft Holographic Processing Unit (HPU 1.0)
– See-through holographic lenses (waveguides)
– 2 HD 16:9 light engines
– 1 IMU
– 4 environment understanding cameras
– 1 depth camera
– 1 2MP photo / HD video camera
– Mixed reality capture
– 4 microphones
– 1 ambient light sensor
Source: Windows Centrtal
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.