Users of Linux Mint outhouse looking for a new operating system, might be interested to know that a couple of new versions of Linux Mint have been made available today in the form of Linux Mint 17.2 with the Cinnamon or MATE desktop environments.
Linux Mint operating system is the most popular desktop Linux distribution and the third most popular operating system for home computers behind the huge Microsoft Windows and Apple Mac OS distributions.
The free Linux open source software provides a window style user interface that most computer users would feel comfortable navigating. Also the latest Linux Mint 17.2 will receive updates and support until 2019.
The purpose of Linux Mint is to produce a modern, elegant and comfortable operating system which is both powerful and easy to use. Some of the reasons for the success of Linux Mint are:
• It works out of the box, with full multimedia support and is extremely easy to use.
• It’s both free of cost and open source.
• It’s community-driven. Users are encouraged to send feedback to the project so that their ideas can be used to improve Linux Mint.
• Based on Debian and Ubuntu, it provides about 30,000 packages and one of the best software managers.
• It’s safe and reliable. Thanks to a conservative approach to software updates, a unique Update Manager and the robustness of its Linux architecture, Linux Mint requires very little maintenance (no regressions, no antivirus, no anti-spyware…etc
For more information on the new Linux Mint and to download the latest version jump over to the official website for details.