Linksys has unveiled a new addition to their range of routers this week announcing the impending launch of the Linksys Max-Stream AC4000 MU-MIMO Tri-Band Router (EA9300).
The Max-Stream AC4000 MU-MIMO is equipped with Next Gen AC Wi-Fi technologies such as Multi-User MIMO (MU-MIMO) and Tri-Band that work in concert to deliver powerful Wi-Fi at the same time and same speed to multiple connected devices says Linksys.
Specifications of the Linksys Max-Stream AC4000 MU-MIMO Tri-Band Router (EA9300) include:
• Tri-Band AC4000 (3x3x3) – Up to 4 Gbps Max combined – 2x 1625 Gbps (5GHz) + 750 Mbps (2.4GHz)
• MU-MIMO 802.11AC Wave 2 technology for simultaneous 4K Streaming on multiple devices at the same time
• Quad-Core 1.8GHz CPU with three offload processors provide the fastest processing speed
• Airtime Fairness – Allows faster devices to have more airtime than slower devices
• Auto Firmware Updates – Linksys automatically pushes the software update to the router overnight and seamlessly brings the latest features and security to a home network
• Amazon Alexa support – Three new skills including turning guest access on and off, obtaining guest Wi-Fi credentials, as well as getting main network credentials read back to the user.
• Linksys App lets users monitor and control their home Wi-Fi from anywhere on their mobile device
• Advanced Beamforming – Beamforming technology helps reduce and maximize the Wi-Fi performance and coverage for both 2.4 and 5GHz bands.
• SmartConnect Band Steering – Band steering balances your 5GHz Wi-Fi connections and intelligently choose the best radio band for your devices for the best Wi-Fi performance on your network
• Seamless Roaming± – Technology provides Room-to-Room Wi-Fi with one network name when paired with a Max-Stream Range Extender (RE7000)
• Active Antennas – Six active high performance antennas with 9x High Power Amplifiers help to provide optimal coverage and maximum signal strength
• Gigabit Ports – Five Gigabit Ethernet ports (4 LAN + 1 WAN)
• USB 3.0 Port – Connect shared network storage devices and printers
• Network Security – SPI Firewall and DoS Protection provide the best in class network security
Upcoming features (via automatic firmware update)
• Dual WAN – Dual WAN can aggregate the bandwidths of two WAN connections to achieve a higher Internet bandwidth greater than 1Gbps
• Link Aggregation – Supports up to 2Gbps for file transfer
• Advanced Band Steering – Auto select the most appropriate band between 2.4 and 5Ghz for client devices to achieve the best Wi-Fi performance
• DFS Channels Support – DFS (Dynamic Frequency Selection) will provide up to four times more channels within the 5GHz band helping to improve the internet speed with less traffic congestion. This feature can help users achieve true lag free 4K content streaming
• OpenVPN Server- VPN feature allows users too remotely and securely access resources shared within their home local area network