It seems like we have had way to many stories lately of smartphones bursting into flames or exploding. This is all that remains of an HTC One X in Taiwan that caught fire spontaneously while charging. The reasons it exploded are not yet known since it is still being investigated by HTC.
At least the smartphone’s owner was unhurt. A few weeks ago, a man’s Samsung Galaxy S4 burst into flames in Hong Kong, burning down his house. There was also a case in Switzerland where a teenage girl was injured after her Galaxy S III exploded. And we can’t forget about the iPhone 5 that electrocuted a woman in China.
It’s like an epidemic lately. Usually the problem is using third-party batteries or unofficial chargers. Some One X owners are suggesting that a swollen battery might have lead to the explosion in this case. It’s like attack of the killer phones all of the sudden. Everyone better be careful.
Source Phone Arena
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.