Things are going from bad to worse for Samsung as it tries to deal with the massive recall of the Galaxy Note 7. A new report from Horry County, SC tells the story of Wesley Hartzog who plugged in his Galaxy Note 7 and then went outside for a few hours. When he returned, he saw his house in flames.
And since we have many previously reported instances of the Galaxy Note 7’s battery exploding, there’s reason to believe that Samsung’s latest flagship handset might be the culprit. In fact, it seems very likely.
Horry County Fire Rescue investigators have concluded that the fire started near a wall outlet where the Galaxy Note 7 was plugged in. Hartzog says that he had an air compressor plugged into the same outlet but the compressor wasn’t on at that time. Again, it looks like the phone is the cause.
There was no one in the house at the time thankfully. It could have been much worse. Hartzog had gone out to pick up his two daughters. The house has been condemned now so he and his children have to live out of hotels temporarily.
Samsung has received at least 35 reports of the Galaxy Note 7’s battery exploding. It acknowledged that an issue with the battery cell was causing the handset to explode. And so, it has issued a voluntary global recall and it’s going to provide free replacements to all customers.
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.