Valve has today announced that Dota 2 has finally arrived on Mac and Linux systems via their Steam Games Network. Dota 2 has been available since July 9th 2013 as a final release and now allows Mac and Linux gamers to enjoy the multiplayer online battle arena.
Dota 2 is the stand-alone sequel to the Defense of the Ancients mod and has been developed by Valve and is exclusively available through Steam.
“Dota 2 consists of session-based online multiplayer matches, in which two teams of five players attempt to destroy their opponents’ fortified strongholds. Each player controls a “Hero” character and, over the course of an individual game, focuses on improving their hero’s abilities, acquiring items, and fighting against the other team.”
Dota 2 Mac OS X Minimum System Requirements:
Mac OS X Lion 10.7
– 4GB RAM
– 8GB Hard drive space
– nVidia 320M or higher, or Radeon 7000 or higher, or Intel HD 3000 or higher
– Dota 2 Linux Minimum System Requirements:
– Dual core from Intel or AMD at 2.8 GHz
– 4GB RAM
– 8GB Hard Drive Space,
– nVidia GeForce 8600/9600GT, ATI/AMD Radeaon HD2600/3600 (Graphic Drivers: nVidia 310, AMD 12.11), OpenGL 2.1
– OpenAL Compatible Sound Card
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.