Take this with a grain of salt for now, but according to a story reported by two publications in China, 23 year old Ma Ai Lun died when she answered a call on her Apple iPhone 5 while it was recharging. We don’t have many details, and translation can be sketchy at the best of times, but it appears that news of the death was originally reported on “Ueybo”, China’s equivalent of Twitter.
The woman was Ms. Ai Lun, a flight attendant on China Southern Airlines. Making this tale even sadder is the fact that she was supposed to get married on August 8th. Forensic investigation has confirmed that she was electrocuted, and this was listed as the official cause of death. Police in China’s Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous region confirmed the incident.
Understandably, the victim’s sister is warning other users of the iPhone 5 not to use the device while it is charging. The incident allegedly took place on July 11th. No comment from Apple yet. It makes you cringe just thinking about answering a charging phone now.
Source Phone Arena
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.