A few weeks ago there was an incident where an 18 year old girl in Switzerland suffered third degree burns when her Samsung Galaxy SIII exploded in her pants pocket. Soon after, the evidence was sent to the authorities for analysis. Now we have its findings.
The Swiss Federal laboratory that examined the unit has said that the battery used in the phone was not manufactured by Samsung or a company authorized by Samsung. So it doesn’t look like Samsung will be paying the 18 year old any damages or pay for the skin transplant that she is scheduled for in August.
The woman is surprised with the findings, since she says that the battery had the company’s logo and looked real to her. She should be glad that her injuries were not more serious. I wonder how certain they can be that this was the cause however, sure it was a fake battery, but that doesn’t mean something else can’t go wrong. Either way, she is lucky.
Source New Launches
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.