Seems like we have been hearing a lot of stories about people rushing into their burning homes just to save their electronics. Most recently we told you about the guy who died after leaving his burning home, only to rush back in for his phone so he could dial 911. We seem to be living in a world of idiocracy lately.
Now we hear about a couple in St. Paul, Minnesota who tried to save their flat screen TV even while their apartment was burning around them. I guess they really couldn’t bear the prospect of missing the next hoarders or Honey Boo Boo episode in HD. In fact, one might argue that that very kind of programming is one of the things that are making these people so braindead.
When firefighters got there, the room was filled with smoke but the couple were two were wrestling with the TV’s wire to try and carry it outside to safety. The firefighters told them to leave the TV behind and soon after they were taken to Regions Hospital and treated for smoke inhalation. Man, people just seem to be really really stupid these days.
If this ever happens to you, just leave it. Anything can be replaced, but not your life.
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.