Third-party cloud storage services such as Dropbox, Box and others all require a monthly subscription to use. Cubbit is a new piece of hardware that allows you to create your very own personal cloud storage system without any monthly fees. Features of the Cubbit Cloud Storage system include the ability to :
– With Cubbit, you have access to your cloud storage wherever you go. For free. For life.
– Just plug in any hard drives to your Cubbit Cell and turn them into cloud.
– For every 2GB of physical storage you provide, you get 1GB of additional storage on your account.
– Regardless of the base of your Cell (512GB or 1TB), you can expand your cloud storage up to 4TB.
– You can connect more than one Cubbit Cell to the same account: the sky’s the limit.
Watch the demonstration video below to learn more about the cloud storage system that allows you to protect your privacy and is free to use forever, after the initial purchase price. Cubbit It is currently available via Indiegogo and has already raised over $1 million thanks to over 4,000 backers.
Thanks to Cubbit you can now stop paying for cloud storage subscriptions and keep your files safe, encrypted and local but accessible only by you from anywhere when needed. If you require up to 4TB of cloud storage monthly subscription costs can escalate, Cubbit has been created to remove these monthly costs and provides you with a secure free cloud storage platform that is 100% secure and attached to your local network, removing any third party prying eyes or companies, allowing you to mange your own data and documents . “Every file is protected by an AES-256 encryption algorithm, a military-grade protocol used by the US government to protect top-secret files, then split into several chunks and distributed safely over the peer-to-peer network.”
Like Dropbox, iCloud, Google Drive, OneDrive and other conventional cloud storage services, Cubbit lets you access and share your data from anywhere in the world. But unlike “the cloud,” Cubbit is not locked away in some big corporation’s data center. Like a regular hard drive, your typical home server or NAS, there are no monthly fees, your data is private and it’s encrypted from prying eyes.