Batteriser is a new $2.50 gadget that is capable of extending the life of a disposable battery by up to 800 percent, allowing you to squeeze every last drop of energy from batteries ranging from AAA to D in size.
The way Batteriser works is to boost the voltage across the battery allowing you to access all the energy within it even when a battery rated for 1.5 volts drops below 1.35 volts.
So rather than having to recycle your battery after just 20 percent of the energy within it is used, Batteriser allows you to access the remaining 80 percent. Voltage boosters are not a new concept but the innovation is in the way that Batteriser scales down the technology into a stainless steel sleeve that measures less than 0.1 mm thick. Its inventor Bob Roohparvar explains:
“The Batteriser has boost circuitry that will boost the voltage from 0.6 volts to 1.5 volts and will maintain voltage at 1.5—which is a brand new battery,”-“There’s actually no IP [intellectual property] in the boost circuitry. Our technology is really a miniaturization technique that allows us to build the sleeve. We have some IP in some of the IC circuits that are in there, but the key is we’ve been able to miniaturize the boost circuit to a point that no one else has been able to achieve. “
The new Batteriser gadget will be going on sale later this year during September and will be priced at $10 for a pack of four.
Have a look at our top 10 tips on how you can improve iPhone battery life.
Source: Mac World
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn about our Disclosure Policy.