It seems we can never go a week without more stories about exploding phones. It always makes us wonder if that could happen to us. The latest is a report from WSB-TV Atlanta that talks about a man who was forced to take his pants off on a crowded Home Depot parking lot. Why? Because his iPhone 6 Plus caught fire.
The man, known as “Rocky” for the camera, felt his jeans pocket heating up and noticed smoke coming out. His pants were potentially on fire and it doesn’t seem like he is a liar.
The man reacted quickly by taking his pants off, throwing them to the side. There were no physical injuries, but he did have to suffer the shame of standing pants-less in a Home Depot parking lot. The man found out where the smartphone originated from and it turns out it was a pre-owned iPhone 6 Plus, refurbished by a 3rd party company. Not Apple. It was then sold to Rocky by his carrier. We don’t know whether the phone was advertised as a brand-new unit on purchase, but it probably wasn’t.
At least he is safe, even though a he was surely a bit embarrassed. Better to be pantsless than burnt.
Source Phone Arena
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.