And here is yet another story of an Apple product zapping somebody. Seems like Apple products are hurting a lot of people lately. The latest story comes from the U.K., where the incident left a father’s fingers burned. Eight-year old Chloe Gillooley owns an Apple iPad and last Saturday, Chloe was at her grandmother’s home in Widnes, Cheshire along with her 34 year old dad, Tim. That sets the scene. What happened next is scary.
It was at some point in the afternoon, when Chloe asked her dad to unplug her iPad. Tim was coming out of the bathroom and received a “massive electric shock” that sent him flying across the room and left him with blackened fingers.
In Tim’s own words: “There was a huge bang and it blew me across the room. I was in shock. I was hysterically laughing for about two minutes. It was a bad shock that went down my arm. My mum was panicking and Chloe burst into tears. Nine times out of 10, Chloe would have gone to get it herself. I think it would have killed her.”
There were some warning signs, but no one would have suspected the end result. Gillooley had purchased the tablet from the Apple Store in Liverpool last November and when it developed problems with the charger, he returned the device to the store. They had said that there was nothing wrong with the tablet itself or the charger. So Gillooley purchased an official Apple branded lightning cable. Apple is investigating. It will be interesting to hear what they have to say.
Source Phone Arena
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.