Samsung tried to bury the Note 7 and continue business as usual, selling their other devices. Many users who were forced to return their device have decided to remain faithful to the brand, and mostly went for a Galaxy S7 edge or the regular Galaxy S7. That is understandable. Reports suggest that the company had to boost production for these as demand spiked.
However, there have been a few reports of Galaxy S7 edge units reportedly catching fire too. So things are not looking good for Samsung. They just can’t catch a break.
While those reports remain only a few, one can chalk it up to user mishandling maybe. But now there seem to be a few reports of the S7 edge catching fire that are a bit too close in timing here. It surely is making folks nervous about the brand in general. The latest is a report from Canada. Elisha Loewen reported on Google+ that his smartphone started smoking as it was sitting idle in a storage compartment in his car’s dashboard. He managed to pick up the hot device for just long enough to be able to toss it out the window, after which he used the snow outside to douse the fire. He is lucky he caught it when he did.
Mr. Loewen says that carrier Bell refused to deal with the faulty device and instructed him to contact Samsung support directly. He is awaiting an expert to get back to him. The troubles are not behind Samsung yet.
Source Phone Arena
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.