We are all waiting to get our hands on Grand Theft Auto 5, but since it is scheduled for early next year, we are just going to have to be patient. The next issue of Game Informer is expected to give away many details and according to a Gamefaqs user, they have already seen the issue and have posted some details.
Keep in mind that none of this is confirmed, but some of this jibes with earlier rumor and speculation. Here’s the rundown.
- You’ll play as 42 year old Albert DeSilva, a half-American, half-Puerto Rican US citizen with an ex-wife and two children.
- Breaking Bad is a subtle reference with Albert turning to crime late in his life.
- You’ll also play as Dougie Vejo who is a younger criminal living in Los Santos.
- Grove Street will appear in the game, but Carl and Sweet will not.
- Albert lost his money in a ‘ponzi scheme’ and this is his prime concern.
- Players will be able to customize clothes/hair/facial hair, but there won’t be any gyms or tattoos.
- There could be characters from GTA 4. The article hints ‘one or more’ may show up.
- Car customization will be back, but this could just focused on Dougie’s character (although this could also be connected with Albert’s mid-life crisis).
- You’ll be able to play mini-games such as golf, tennis and surfing.
- The mission played for the GameInformer cover was called ‘Alimony’ and featured the scene from the trailer where characters robbed a jewellery store.
- Songs confirmed are: My Michelle: Guns & Roses, Magic Power: Triumph, California Dreaming: The Beach Boys and Beautiful: Snoop Dog (featuring Pharrell).
Well, if even half of that is true, it should be a great game.
Source UbergizmoFiled Under: Gaming News