OUYA the company behind the revolutionary OUYA game console has just sen out an email announcing that they will be start a new Kickstarter campaign in the form of a $1 Million OUYA Free the Games Fund to further unlock creativity and Kickstarter games creators.
The new OUYA Free the Games Fund Kickstarter project will launch next month and will enable developers to bring new and exciting games exclusively to the OUYA console.
OUYA CEO and Co-Founder Julie Uhrman explains the reasons behind the new OUYA Free the Games Fund Kickstarter project:
“There are two reasons why OUYA is on retail store shelves today: we had an innovative idea to build an affordable and open game console for the television, and we found fans who supported our idea and provided the funds to make it happen,”-“Since then, we’ve seen dozens of great games launch on Kickstarter, and now we are in the enviable position of being able to give back AND secure the best, exclusive games for OUYA.”
The OUYA Free the Games Fund will ensure a steady stream of inventive and creative content for OUYA fans for years to come. Some of the most popular OUYA games began as Kickstarter projects, and found their initial fans and funding there, such as Fist of Awesome (I Fight Bears) and Saturday Morning: RPG (Mighty Rabbit Studios), and upcoming games Broken Age (Tim Schafer and Double Fine Productions) and Whispering Willows (Night Light Interactive).
To be eligible for the OUYA Free the Games Fund, game projects must meet the following requirements:
– Game projects must launch on Kickstarter on or after August 9, 2013, and conclude by August 10, 2014.
– Games must meet their Kickstarter funding goal and raise a minimum of $50,000 to be eligible for matching.
– Once successfully funded via Kickstarter, OUYA will match 100% of the total funds raised up to $250,000.
– Game creators must make their game exclusive on OUYA for a minimum of six months beginning on the date the title becomes available for download on OUYA.
– And, for the game that raises the most via Kickstarter by the end of the program, the developer will earn an additional $100,000 Rock Star bonus from OUYA.
For more information on the new OUYA project jump over to the OUYA website for details.
Source: OUYAFiled Under: Technology News, Top News