Check out the InkMedia PC, which will go on sale for less than $300.
The InkmEdia has an 8.6 inch SVGA screen with a resolution of 800 x 600, 4 USB 2.0 ports, 2 SD card slots and 512MB of RAM, and 2 GB NAND Flash, containing read only file system (compressed).
Due to its advanced technical design, the InkMedia computer line cannot get a virus, a worm or ad-ware of any kind. It also never slows down, as it doesn’t have a hard disk to de-fragment. The InkMedia computer was designed from the outset to minimize any need for service or technical support. Its OS and applications are permanently embedded in the hardware, unable to be accessed or written to by malicious scripts.
The InkMedia computer has no moving parts and contains no hard disk to overheat or wear out. It has excellent performance and a mid-level class CPU, capable of operating virtually any form of media (flash or video) and it is fully internet capable. The technology operates with USB devices and connects seamlessly to servers and networks.
Here’s the specs.
- VIA C7-M ULV Processor
- Internal 8.6″ Diagonal SVGA (800×600) LCD panel
- Supporting 1024 X 768 True Color Video Output on external monitor
- Supports MPEG2 and MPEG4 decode acceleration in hardware.
- 4 USB 2.0 ports, 1 USB 1.1 port (for keyboard)
- 2 SD slots
- 512 MB Ram
- 2 GB NAND Flash, containing read only file system (compressed)
- User file storage on SD card
- 1 Stereo minipin audio out, stereo minipin mic in
- 1 RGB out for VGA monitor
- 10/100 Ethernet jack
- 802.11 a/b/g WiFi
- 100-250V 50/60Hz universal power supply
- 5-8 Hours of battery life
There are no details available at the moment on when the InkMedia PC will go on sale or the exact pricing but InkMedia have confirmed it will be less than $300.
Product Page via Linux DevicesFiled Under: Linux News