Hobbyists, makers and developers looking for Port iD board to make using the Raspberry Pi Model B+ single board mini PC even more enjoyable might be interested in the new device launched this week called the RasPiO Portsplus 2.
The RasPiO Portsplus 2 has been designed for the new Raspberry Pi B+ and provides handy labelling for the ports removing the need for youth count the pins every time you would like to make a connection.
The RasPiO Portsplus 2 has been designed to slip over the top of the GPIO header on the mini PC board or hold it next to the pins to indicate which is which. To recap the Raspberry Pi Model B+ features
– 700MHz Broadcom BCM2835 CPU with 512MB RAM
– 40 Pin extended GPIO
– 4 x USB 2 ports
– 4 pole Stereo output and Composite video port
– Full size HDMI
– CSI camera port for connecting the Raspberry Pi camera
– DSI display port for connecting the Raspberry Pi touch screen display
– Micro SD port for loading your operating system and storing data
– Micro USB power source
– 40pin extended GPIO to enhance your “real world” projects
– Connect a Raspberry Pi camera and touch screen display (each sole separately)
– Stream and watch Hi-definition video output at 1080P
– Connect more to your Raspberry Pi using the 4 x USB ports
“So to get going with your GPIO experiments, all you have to do is pop off the lid, slip on the RasPiO Portsplus 2 and start wiring.”
The RasPiO Portsplus 2 is now available to purchase for just £2 over at the RasPi.TV website.
Source: RasPi.TVFiled Under: DIY Projects, Hardware, Top News
Popular Geeky Gadgets Deals
|PureVPN Lifetime Subscription Save 88%||Genius Rescue 2TB Cloud Backup, save 94%||Martian Notifier Smartwatch, Save 72%||NES30 Pro Bluetooth Game Controller, Save 26%||Unity 5 Game Hacker Bundle, Save 89%||Ultra-Stealth Nano Drone, Save 50%