Musicians that enjoy using patchable modular synthesis may enjoy this new analogue synthesiser called PHENOL that offers a patch of all interface and has been created by Kilpatrick Audio.
The PHENOL analog synthesiser has already passed its initial funding goal of $55,000 with still 38 days remaining of its Kickstarter campaign. Watch the video below to learn more about this new affordable desktop synthesiser.
“Phenol is a new synthesizer designed by Kilpatrick Audio. It brings the fun and creative potential of a modular analog synthesizer to more people by offering an attractive and approachable musical instrument that is small, portable and sounds amazing!
Phenol is 100% compatible with modular systems because it uses the same voltages and banana connectors as the Kilpatrick Format and similar modular synthesizers.
Whether you already love modular synthesizers and want a smaller instrument for portability, or whether you’ve heard about modular synths and want to get your feet wet, Phenol offers an amazing instrument at a great price.”
Phenol will retail for $849 in stores but is now available to back overall the Kickstarter crowdfunding website from just $729 for the early bird backers. For more information on the new PHENOL hardware jump over to the Kickstarter website for details and to make a pledge via the link below.
PHENOL features include :
– Banana patch system with colour-coded jacks and voltages compatible with Kilpatrick Format and other modular systems
– Two analog VCOs – triangle, ramp and pulse outputs
– Two analog filters (low pass and high pass)
– Two analog VCAs with level control
– Two envelope generator / LFO combos with many unique features
– An LFO with sine and random output
– Internal MIDI to CV converter with DIN and USB MIDI interfaces
– Compact mixer with digital delay with over 330ms of delay time
– Digital pulse divider – divide MIDI clock or LFO output to create 4 musical time divisions
– Buffered mixer / mult / inverter with level control
– External audio input allows a stereo input to be patched like an oscillator signal – process your drum machine or other source through the system
– Designed and made in Canada using high quality parts
– Universal input power supply (100-240V) included (shipped with North American plug)
– Warranty: 1 year
Source: KickstarterFiled Under: Concepts & Design, Hardware, Top News