Who didn’t love field trips when they were younger? It never really mattered where you went. Anything that broke the usual routine of sitting in class and listening to someone prattle on for hours on end was a blessing that couldn’t be passed up. Well for a limited time, you can go on some field trips of your own for free via Mountain View’s Field Trip app.
The app, which has always provided users with a detailed list of attractions in any given area, is now offering free admission into 13 museums that can be found in six separate U.S. cities. All you have to do is download the app onto your iPhone or Android device – which is also free – and use the Free Entry cards to past into any of the thirteen museums listed below free of charge.
Honestly, with all of the kids I see running around with smartphones these days, it’s entirely probable that some of the schools in these major U.S. cities will take advantage of the opportunity to take their students to these museums free of charge.
– Conservatory of Flowers, SF
– California Academy of Sciences, SF
– Walt Disney Family Museum, SF
– Museum of Contemporary Art, LA
– Museum of Contemporary Art, Chicago
– Adler Planetarium, Chicago
– The Field Museum, Chicago
– Museum of the city of New York, NY
– Museum of Arts and Design, NY
– National Building Museum, DC
– Portland Children’s Museum
– Portland Art Museum
– Pittock Mansion, Portland
Source: EngadgetFiled Under: Android News, iPhone Apps