Details have been leaked of the latest high end DSLR from Canon, the Canon Eos 7D, including some photos and a full list of specifications.
The Canon EOS 7D will come with a 18 megapixel sensor, a 3 inch LCD display, dual DIGIC 4 processors and an ISO range of 100 to 6400, which extends to 12800.
Here are the full specifications.
- 18 megapixels APS-C CMOS Sensor
- Dual DiG!C 4 imaging processors, 14-bit A/D signal conversion
- 8 FPS (94 Large/Fine JPEGS or 15 RAW)
- 19 points cross type AF sensors. Eight-directional double cross central AF point
- ISO 100-6400, extends to 12800
- 100% coverage, 1.0x optical viewfinder with intelligent display, with electronic horizon line.
- 3.0″ LCD, 920,000 dot resolution, 160 degree viewing angle
- New iFCL meter system using high contrast and color detection (63-zone)
- Newly-designed streamlined body, metallic shutter sound, shutter lifespan approx. 150,000 times
- HD movie, HDMI out, external mic input
- EOS Integrated Dust Removal system
- Live view with Face-priority AF
- Auto Lighting Optimizer
- Auto correction of lens peripheral illumination (vignetting)
- New switch for Live View/Video mode
- New 24mm wide-angle built-in flash supporting EOS E-TTL II
There is no word on pricing as yet, I guess we will have to wait for some official news from Canon.Filed Under: Camera News, Gadgets News, Technology News