The latest Amazon Fire OS 3.1 update is free ands will be rolling out over-the-air automatically in the coming weeks, but if you can’t wait that long its also available as a free download from today.
The new Fire OS 3.1 update brings with it deep integration with Goodread making it even easier search for books and discuss them with other users. Peter Larsen, Vice President, Amazon Kindle explained :
“The response to our new family of Kindle Fire tablets has been fantastic, and we’re excited to add new features we think our customers will love,”-“This free, over-the-air Fire OS update brings new features like Goodreads integration, Second Screen, Cloud Collections, enterprise support, wireless printing, and more.”
Features of the new Amazon Fire OS 3.1 include the ability to capture and share favourite quotes with Goodreads friends from inside the book, see what friends are reading with the Goodreads updates feed and add books to your want-to-read shelf and review books you have read.
Fire OS 3.1 also provides users with the ability to connect to secure Wi-Fi networks and access corporate apps, documents and resources such as SharePoint. For more information on the new Amazon Fire OS 3.1 update jump over to the Amazon press release website for details. You can also download the latest update directly from Amazon here.
Features of Fire OS 3.1 include:
– Cloud Collections helps you organize your books, newspapers, magazines, and apps in customized collections for easy reference, and Amazon’s Whispersync technology synchronizes the collections across your Kindle devices and reading apps so they’re available on all of your devices.
– Voice dictation converts your speech to text—available in all languages when online; offline support available in US English.
– 1-Tap archive which frees up space on your Kindle Fire by identifying items that have not been recently used and provides a 1-tap option to store them in the Cloud for later retrieval.
– Wireless printing of photos, PDF, e-mails, contacts, calendar and docs.
– New accessibility enhancements that enable blind and visually impaired customers to save a separate accessibility profile for children in Kindle FreeTime, scroll lists automatically when swipe navigating, hear enhanced sound feedback and screen orientation changes announced, and have more control when editing text and navigating web content.
– Dozens more new features, performance and battery life improvements, and bug fixes.
Source: LiliputingFiled Under: Tablet News, Technology News
Popular Geeky Gadgets Deals
|PureVPN Lifetime Subscription Save 88%||SNES30 Bluetooth Game Controller Save 14%||Jamstik Wireless Smart Guitar Save 40%||Getflix Lifetime Subscription Save 88%||Monster Digital 128GB Portable SSD Save 56%||Python Programming Pro Bundle Save 84%|